If you’re like most people, the first time you tried shrooms was an amazing experience. You probably felt euphoric and happy, but what do you do when the high starts to wear off? How to come down from shrooms in a safe and healthy way? Let’s see!
In this blog post, we will discuss the best ways to comedown from shrooms. We’ll talk about top things to do, as well as some dangers of coming down too quickly. So if you’re looking for information on how to safely come down from shrooms, read on!
Psilocybin: What Does It Do?
Psilocybin is a naturally occurring compound found in certain mushrooms. When ingested, it produces psychedelic effects. Psilocybin has been used for centuries by indigenous peoples for religious and spiritual purposes. In recent years, there has been a resurgence of interest in its potential therapeutic benefits.
Psilocybin has been shown to be effective in treating a variety of conditions, including depression, anxiety, and addiction. It is thought to work by increasing levels of serotonin in the brain. This serotonin increase leads to changes in perception, mood, and cognition.
How Long Does a Shroom Trip Last?
The effects of a mushroom trip can last anywhere from four to six hours. However, the intensity of the experience will vary depending on the type and dose of mushroom consumed.
For most people, the peak of the trip will occur two to three hours after ingestion. After the peak has passed, the effects of the mushrooms will gradually begin to wear off. However, some residual effects, such as mild hallucinations, may persist for several hours. How to come down from shrooms? Read on!
How To Come Down From Shrooms
So how to come down from shrooms? Well, there is no surefire way. Some people report feeling more alert and clearheaded after taking psilocybin mushrooms, while others find that the effects are more sedating.
There are a few things that you can do to try and come down, including drinking plenty of fluids, getting some fresh air, and eating healthy food.
However, it’s important to remember that the only way to guarantee that the effects of mushrooms will wear off is to wait it out. Here are a few things you can do to make the process more comfortable:
- Drink plenty of fluids. Mushrooms can cause dehydration, so it’s important to drink lots of water or other fluids when coming down.
- Get some fresh air. Going for a walk or spending time outside can help clear your head and reduce anxiety.
- Eat healthy food. Eating nutritious foods can help restore balance and energy after a trip.
- Be patient. The effects of mushrooms will eventually wear off on their own, so there’s no need to rush the process. Try to relax and let the experience unfold naturally.
Guidelines in Case Of A Bad Trip
A bad mushroom trip can be a very frightening experience. The most important thing to remember is that it is only temporary and will eventually end. Here are some things you can do to help ease the discomfort:
- Sit or lie down in a comfortable position and close your eyes. Focus on your breath and try to relax.
- If you are feeling nauseous, eat small, bland snacks such as crackers or toast. Avoid anything that is greasy or spicy.
- Talk to someone who is supportive and understanding. Having someone to talk to can help ease your anxiety and make the time pass more quickly.
- If the symptoms persist or become too overwhelming, seek medical attention. Do not hesitate to call 911 if you feel like you are in danger.
If you find yourself experiencing symptoms of a bad trip, it is important to remain calm and focus on your breath. Try to remind yourself that the feelings are temporary and will eventually pass. If possible, find a quiet place to sit or lie down until the effects of the shroom wear off.
Final Tips on How to Come Down from Shrooms
How to come down from shrooms? Relax and take it easy! Don’t try to do anything too strenuous or challenging, especially if it’s your first time coming down. If you’re feeling anxious or uncomfortable, you can try some relaxation techniques like deep breathing or meditation.
Another thing you can do is eat a healthy meal. After taking shrooms, your body will need fuel to help restore balance. So make sure to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, as well as whole grains and lean protein. This will help your body recover from the trip and come down smoothly.
What to Drink
Finally, it’s important to stay hydrated. Shrooms can make you feel thirsty, so drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated. Water is the best choice, but you can also drink juice, tea, or even broth.
What Not to Drink
In addition to these tips, there are a few things you should avoid when coming down from shrooms. First, don’t drink alcohol. Alcohol can intensify the effects of shrooms and cause nausea and vomiting. Second of all, don’t take any other drugs.
This can be dangerous and lead to negative side effects. Finally, avoid caffeine and stimulants. Caffeine can make you feel anxious and jittery, while stimulants can elevate your heart rate and blood pressure.
The effects of psilocybin mushrooms can be unpredictable and sometimes frightening. However, with patience and self-care, it is possible to come down from a trip safely and without any lasting negative consequences.
By following the tips listed above, you can make the process a bit easier yourself. So, how to come down from shrooms? Now you know!
- Headache After Shrooms: Trip Recovery After Psychedelic Magic Mushrooms
- Xanax and Shrooms: The Truth & Everything You Need to Know
- Day After Shrooms: How People React the Following Day After Taking Magic Mushrooms. Is There a Hangover After Mushrooms?
- Eating Before Shrooms. Should You Have a Meal Before Taking Magic Mushrooms?
- What to Do on Shrooms? Learn More About Magic Mushroom Trip and Psychedelic Experiences
- How Long Does Shroom Tea Take to Kick In? Tea Made of Shrooms
- Drinking on Shrooms: Good Idea? Hallucinogen & Psychedelic Magic Mushrooms