Throughout time, psychedelics have been an integral part of many societies and cultures, and LSD has become one of the most popular psychedelics. Whether used for spiritual awakening, recreational use, or medical studies, LSD has been a source of great inspiration and insight on many levels. Here are some of the best quotes on LSD.
- Throughout time, psychedelics have been an integral part of many societies and cultures, and LSD has become one of the most popular psychedelics.
- Whether used for spiritual awakening, recreational use, or medical studies, LSD has been a source of great inspiration and insight on many levels.
- The quotes demonstrate the different opinions that exist surrounding LSD and its effects.
Quotes on LSD and Psychedelics – The Best Psychedelic Quotes
LSD, or lysergic acid diethylamide, is a semisynthetic psychedelic drug first synthesized in 1938. It has been used for spiritual awakening and recreational use, as well as for medical studies. Below are some famous quotes on LSD from famous people.
- “Taking LSD was a profound experience, one of the most important things in my life. LSD shows you that there’s another side to the coin, and you can’t remember it when it wears off, but you know it. It reinforced my sense of what was important—creating great things instead of making money, putting things back into the stream of history and of human consciousness as much as I could.” — Steve Jobs
- “I believe that with the advent of acid, we discovered a new way to think, and it has to do with piecing together new thoughts in your mind. Why is it that people think it’s so evil? What is it about it that scares people so deeply, even the guy that invented it, what is it? Because they’re afraid that there’s more to reality than they have confronted. That there are doors that they’re afraid to go in, and they don’t want us to go in there either, because if we go in we might learn something that they don’t know. And that makes us a little out of their control.” — Ken Kesey
- “LSD burst over the dreary domain of the constipated bourgeoisie like the angelic herald of a new psychedelic millennium. We have never been the same since, nor will we ever be, for LSD demonstrated, even to skeptics, that the mansions of heaven and gardens of paradise lie within each and all of us.” — Terence McKenna
- “Objects and their functions no longer had any significance. All I perceived was perception itself, the hell of forms and figures devoid of human emotion and detached from the reality of my unreal environment. I was an instrument in a virtual world that constantly renewed its own meaningless image in a living world that was itself perceived outside of nature. And since the appearance of things was no longer definitive but limitless, this paradisiacal awareness freed me from the reality external to myself. The fire and the rose, as it were, became one.” — Federico Fellini
- “Always that same LSD story, you’ve all seen it. ‘Young man on acid, thought he could fly, jumped out of a building. What a tragedy.’ (…) How about a positive LSD story? (…) There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we’re the imagination of ourselves” — Bill Hicks
Editor’s NoteI think the quotes on LSD really hit the nail on the head. It’s hard to explain the effects of the drug in words, but the quotes capture it perfectly. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading about the experiences of those who have experienced LSD firsthand. As always, it’s important to use caution and remain aware of the potential risks when experimenting with any kind of drug. Stay safe and happy tripping!
LSD Quotes: Albert Hofmann, the Inventor of LSD
Hofmann was greatly interested in the mental effects of LSD and held strongly to the idea that it could be used in a positive way to benefit humanity. Here’s one of his most famous quotes on LSD:
“I suddenly became strangely inebriated. The external world changed as in a dream. Objects appeared to gain in relief; they assumed unusual dimensions; and colors became more glowing. Even self-perception and the sense of time were changed. When the eyes were closed, colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing kaleidoscope. After a few hours, the not unpleasant inebriation, which had been experienced whilst I was fully conscious, disappeared. What had caused this condition?”
Quotes on LSD: Conclusion
The topic of quotes on LSD or psychedelics, in general, is a controversial one. While some people use them as recreational drugs, others believe they can be used to expand one’s consciousness and explore the depths of human nature. The quotes on this page demonstrate the opinions that exist surrounding LSD and its effects.
- Terence McKenna, Timothy Leary and Other Profound Psychedelic Quotes
- Fun Things to Do While Tripping: The Best Things to Do on LSD Trips
- LSD Symbol (LSD Molecule) – Psychedelic Drugs & Chemistry
- Crystal LSD Structure & Human Serotonin Receptors | LSD Crystal Structure
- Types of Psychedelics: Hallucinogen Drugs Facts, From LSD to Psilocybin
- LSD Eyes: Exploring the Physical and Spiritual Eyes of the User
- What to Do on Shrooms? Learn More About Magic Mushroom Trip and Psychedelic Experiences