Psilocybe mescaleroensis is a hallucinogenic mushroom found in the United States. It contains the compounds psilocybin and psilocin, which are psychoactive substances that can cause hallucinations. Read on for more information.
Psilocybe Mescaleroensis: Appearance
Psilocybe mescaleroensis is a small mushroom that has a characteristic convex cap that is about 0.7 to 2.3 inches in diameter. It is brownish-yellow, and it may turn orangish at the center, if the mushroom is wet. The margins are somewhat wavy, and it turns blue when it’s bruised. The gills are cream when they’re young, but then turn chocolate brown as they mature. The stipe is 1.9 to 3.9 inches long and dark chocolate brown in color. Both the taste and smell are farinaceous.
Psilocybe Mescaleroensis: Distribution and Habitat
Psilocybe mescaleroensis tends to grow in groups in grasslands and savannas near pine woodlands. They can be spotted near gopher holes. They can be seen in the USA in New Mexico in Lincoln County during the summer and fall. This is a rare species of psilocybin mushroom, and not much is known whether the distribution is wider.
Psilocybe Mescaleroensis: Psychedelic Compounds
Psilocybe mescaleroensis is a psychedelic mushroom that contains the compounds psilocybin and psilocin. These compounds are thought to produce their psychedelic effects by binding to serotonin receptors in the brain. Psilocybin and psilocin are classified as a Schedule I drug in the United States, which means that they have a high potential for abuse and no currently accepted medical use.
Psilocybe Mescaleroensis: Potency
Psilocybe mescaleroensis is a very rare psilocybin mushroom, and not much is known about the actual amount of psychedelic compounds. However, it has hallucinogenic properties, but is not considered as the most potent psilocybin mushroom. The potency can vary depending on various factors, nevertheless, it is considered to be moderately potent and consumption can result in strong hallucinogenic effects.
- Psilocybe Muliercula: Discover a Rare and Potent Magic Mushroom
- Psilocybe Fimetaria: All You Should Know About This Magic Mushrooms Species
- Psilocybe Bohemica: A Psilocybin Mushroom From Europe. All the Information You Need to Know About the Species
- Psilocybe Hoogshagenii: Mexican Magic Mushrooms
- Psilocybe Quebecensis: Native Mushrooms Species to Quebec, Canada
- Psilocybe Liniformans Var. Americana: Mushrooms Native to the USA
- Psilocybe Zapotecorum: A Unique Mushroom From the Psilocybe Family