Did you know that there is a species of psilocybin mushroom that grows in the Czech Republic and other parts of Europe? It’s called Psilocybe bohemica. Let’s find out more about this fungus.
Psilocybe Bohemica – History
Psilocybe bohemica is a species of fungus in the Hymenogastraceae family (genus Psilocybe). It was first described as a species in 1983. It’s also known as Šebek, after the name of the mycologist who identified it.
Psilocybe Bohemica – Habitat
This fungus is found mainly in Europe (primarily in Central and Eastern Europe). It is a rare species and its fruiting bodies appear singly or in groups. It grows on decayed wood, on compost, in gardens, parks, on the side of roads. Psilocybe bohemica is similar to Psilocybe cyanescens that grows in North America. Other alike species include Psilocybe serbica and Psilocybe mairei.
Psilocybe Bohemica – Morphology
The cap of the Psilocybe bohemica has 0.8-2.0 inches in diameter. The color is light brown when dry and rusty brown when wet. The gills are light brown at the beginning and change into dark brown as the specimen gets older. The stem is white, glossy and 2.0-3.1 inches long. It bruises blue when crushed or cut.
Psilocybe Bohemica – Hallucinogenic Effects
The Psilocybe bohemica mushroom has relatively high dosages of psychoactive compounds, mostly psilocybin and psilocin. After eating roughly 2 grams of dried Psilocybe bohemica, users see psychedelic hallucinations that last for 6 hours. Psilocybin mushrooms have a variety of psychological and physical effects, which can be unpredictable and varied. Mood enhancement and mood elevation are common, as well as perception abnormalities, visual disturbances, and a general change in sensory sensitivity.
That’s all we know about the Psilocybe bohemica. Thanks for reading!
- Psilocybe Hispanica: Recently Identified Magic Mushroom From Spain. What Is So Special About This Fungus?
- Psilocybe Subcaerulipes: A Japanese Mushroom That Contains Psilocybin. History & Morphology of the Species
- Psilocybe Guilartensis: A Potent Psilocybin Mushroom From Puerto Rico. Morphology, Habitat & Interesting Facts
- Psilocybe Fimetaria: All You Should Know About This Magic Mushrooms Species
- Psilocybe Baeocystis – Unusual Psilocybin Species. Identification, Potency & Characteristics
- Psilocybe Muliercula: Discover a Rare and Potent Magic Mushroom
- Galerina Steglichii: A Very Rare and Mysterious Psilocybin Mushroom Found in a Greenhouse