The Malabar Coast Mushroom is a strain of Psilocybe cubensis (just like Penis Envy or Treasure Coast). It has become a subject of interest among the psychedelic community. It’s not a surprise, as this mushroom has fascinating origins and unique properties. It is native to the southwestern coast of India, where it has a chance to thrive due to high temperatures and a humid tropical climate.
Too Long; Didn’t Read
- The Malabar Coast Mushroom is a strain of Psilocybe cubensis native to the southwestern regions of India.
- These shroomies have large fruiting bodies, and caramel or golden brown caps.
For an inexperienced psychonaut it can look like every other Psilocybe cubensis strain, but the Malabar Coast Mushroom offers some special features. In this article we will discuss everything about this special fungus, including its origins, effects and use.
Origins of the Malabar Coast Mushroom
The Malabar Coast Mushroom owes its name to the region from which it originates: the Malabar Coast of India. This coastal area stretches across the states of Karnataka, Kerala, and Goa, where the Arabian Sea meets the lush tropical landscape. This psilocybin mushroom naturally grows in the dung of elephants and other large herbivores. The warm, humid climate of India creates a perfect environment for the cultivation of these special fungi.
Unique Characteristics of Malabar Coast Mushroom Strain
Is Malabar Coast mushroom very different from other spores of Psilocybe cubensis? For experienced mycologists, yes. This strain produces large, dense, and meaty fruiting bodies. They can grow quite tall (even up to 8 inches). The caps are caramel or golden brown.
Editor’s NoteMalabar Coast mushrooms have adapted to their native environment, and they are able to absorb more water and nutrients.
Effects and Potency of Malabar Strain
Dried Malabar Coast mushrooms contain higher levels of psilocybin, psilocin, and baeocystin (psychoactive substances) in comparison with other Psilocybe cubensis strains. That’s why it’s becoming more and more popular among people looking for a strong psychedelic experience.
What can you expect after consuming even a small dose of Malabar Coast shroomies? Hallucinations (both visual and auditory), euphoria, spiritual experience (it will all depend on your personal response to psychedelics).
Potential Uses and Applications
We know already that Malabar strain is a very potent and unique mushroom. It’s not surprising that it has become a subject of study among both researchers and enthusiasts. For example, there is an interesting idea of using psilocybin mushrooms in treating depression, anxiety, and PTSD.
- Treasure Coast Mushroom Strain | The World of Magic Mushrooms
- Orissa India Mushrooms. We Created a Guide to This Cubensis Strain & Tips on How to Grow Magic Mushrooms
- Acadian Coast Mushrooms: Potency and Other Facts
- Koh Samui Super Strain | Everything About Thailand Mushroom Spores
- Alacabenzi Cubensis: A Hybrid Magic Mushroom with Powerful and Unique Effects
- Golden Halo Mushroom Strain Specifics
- Psilocybe Tampanensis: Magic Mushroom From the Gulf Coast, Used to Produce Magic Truffles