Lysergic acid diethylamide is a powerful hallucinogenic drug that can produce profound changes in consciousness and perception. Just like psilocybin, it is used for recreational purposes. But what are the LSD pros and cons? Read on to find out!
There are as many benefits as there are risks to using LSD. And for the longest time, recreational use has been discussed, and even advocated for by many researchers. Nevertheless, LSD remains a controlled substance, and does pose a few threats. Here are some LSD pros and cons to consider!
Pros of LSD
When used responsibly, LSD can offer a number of potential benefits, including the ability to explore the altered state of mind and consciousness, an unusual experience of external and internal stimuli, and the potential to reduce anxiety and depression. Microdosing is said to be particularly beneficial for those suffering from mental health disorders, as it can help to increase focus and reduce negative thinking. On top of that, LSD is not considered an addictive drug, so it’s relatively safer than other drugs.
Cons of LSD
When ingested, LSD can cause visual and auditory hallucinations, as well as changes in perception, mood, and behavior. While some people may enjoy these effects, others may find them unpleasant or even terrifying. In addition, LSD is extremely potent, and it is very easy to take too much of the drug. A small dose of LSD can produce effects that last for 12 hours or more, and individuals who take too much of the drug may experience negative side effects such as anxiety, paranoia, and psychosis.
Risks of the Psychedelic Effects of LSD
Now that we know some LSD pros and cons, let’s talk about the risks. LSD is a potent substance that can produce powerful effects, both positive and negative. Some of the risks associated with the psychedelic effects of LSD include:
- Losing control over one’s own behavior – Tripping is all fun and games until someone loses control. The psychedelic experiences are unpredictable, and thus, one can never know whether they will be able to regulate their own emotions.
- Experiencing negative effects on a bad trip – If taken in a wrong setting, an LSD trip can quickly turn from wacky and colorful to ominous and horrifying. This also includes people one is tripping with. Mean, unpleasant or dangerous people pose a potential threat on a trip.
- Developing flashbacks – One of the long-term effects is experiencing LSD flashbacks. These can happen very randomly, and could be overpowering. Some are so powerful, it causes people to develop anxiety and paranoia.
LSD Pros and Cons – Key Takeaways
LSD pros and cons boil down to one sentence: it is safe to try it, but the psychedelic effects can be dangerous. In general, though, when used responsibly and in a positive setting, LSD can be an enjoyable and beneficial experience. However, it is important to be aware of the potential risks in order to make sure that the experience is as positive as possible.
- Is It Safe to Trip by Yourself? A Simple Guide to Doing Shrooms Alone
- Discovering Shrooms for Anxiety. A Comprehensive Guide to Magical Mushrooms and Depression
- Are Mushrooms Legal in Hawaii? Decriminalization of Psilocybin and Magic Mushrooms in the U.S.
- Are Mushrooms Legal in Santa Cruz? Psilocybin Use in California
- LSD Visual Distortions: Acid Trips and Psychedelic Visions
- LSD Flashbacks: What Are They & How Are They Different From Acid Visuals
- Are Mushrooms Legal in Denver? Decriminalization of Psilocybin and Magic Mushrooms in the U.S.