Magic shrooms are a type of fungi that recently gained popularity for their therapeutic properties. How long does it take for shrooms to grow? Is growing shrooms legal? Read on and learn more.
Magic mushrooms‘ growth can be described as the “fruiting” or “mushroom” stage. This is when the mycelium (the white, string-like root system of the mushroom) produces the fruit bodies that we know as mushrooms. Magic mushrooms are a special type of fungi that contain the psychoactive compound psilocybin.
Where Do Shrooms Typically Grow?
These mushrooms typically grow in damp, shady areas and can be found in the wild. Each week, magic mushrooms will go through a few different stages of growth. So how long does it take for shrooms to grow? The answer is not definite, and it depends on various factors.
Factors That Determine How Long It Takes
The time it takes to grow magic shrooms can vary depending on a few different factors. One is the specific type of mushroom you’re growing – some varieties just take longer to mature than others. Another is the growing conditions – if everything is just right in terms of temperature, humidity, and light, the mushrooms will usually grow faster. Finally, it also depends on how big you want the mushrooms to be.
How Long Does It Take for Shrooms to Grow?
The answer to the question “how long does it take for shroom to grow” really depends, however, we can assume that generally it takes about 4-6 weeks. Some species may take longer time to grow, even 10 weeks or more.
The process of growing shrooms is not difficult, but it does require attention. How long does it take for shrooms to grow? The process can be described as follows.
- Week one: Spore inoculation and spore germination. In this phase, the spores are germinated and the mycelium begins to grow.
- Week two: Spores germinate and seedlings develop. During week two you will see the first signs of germination as small white bumps appear on your spores. At this time, you should also start to see mycelium growing out from the sides of the cake. By the end of week two, complete colonization is usually achieved. At this point, you can begin the fruiting process.
- Weeks three to five: The fruiting cycle starts. This can take up a couple of weeks more. The fruiting is complete when the substrate or cakes turn blue.
Is It Legal to Grow Shrooms?
In most states, grow kits and spores are legal, while full cultivation is decriminalized in several jurisdictions. Oregon legalized mental health treatment in supervised settings under the supervision of a physician in February 2021. Transport, possession and sale is illegal in most cases and is a federal crime in the United States. Shrooms are gaining popularity for their therapeutic benefits, and in Oregon it is legal to use them if prescribed by a doctor. Before you start growing your own, it’s important to know your local laws and regulations.
- How to Grow Magic Mushrooms? Read on if You Are Interested in Psychedelic Mushrooms, Growing Kits and More
- Z-Strain Magic Mushrooms Overview: Growing & Cultivating Spores, Potency. Psilocybe Cubensis Z Strain
- How Long Do Shrooms Stay in Your System? Psilocybin in Drug Tests, Magic Mushrooms Effects & More
- How to Dry Magic Mushrooms? Find Out How to Store and Dry Shrooms
- Pluteus Salicinus Mushroom: About the Willow Shield Shroom (Knackers Crumpet)
- Orissa India Mushrooms. We Created a Guide to This Cubensis Strain & Tips on How to Grow Magic Mushrooms
- Growing Psilocybe Cyanescens Indoors – Magic Mushrooms in the Comfort of Your Home