Mushrooms, those spongy and odd-tasting fungi, have been used as food, medicine, and sacrament for centuries. What is the best way to eat shrooms when you want to get the most out of their nutritional and psychoactive properties?
Magic mushrooms are a type of fungus that contains psilocybin, a naturally-occurring psychoactive compound. When ingested, psilocybin is broken down into psilocin, which is responsible for the hallucinogenic effects. But what is the best way to eat shrooms? Let’s find out.
Best Way to Eat Shrooms – Cooked, Dried, Brewed Shroom?
There are a few different ways that people typically consume shrooms – cooked, dried, or brewed. Each method has its own set of benefits and drawbacks, so it’s important to choose the one that’s right for you.
Cooked Magic Mushrooms
Cooked mushrooms are generally considered to be the least effective way to consume them, since the heat from cooking can break down some of the active compounds. However, some people prefer cooked psychedelic shrooms, because they are easier to digest and cause less stomach upset. If you do decide to cook your mushrooms, it’s important not to overcook them, as this can also reduce their potency.
Dried shrooms are often considered to be the best way to eat shrooms. It is the most potent form, since they contain a higher concentration of active compounds. They can also last for a long time when stored properly, making them a good option if you want to keep your stash for future use. However, dried mushrooms can be tough to eat and may cause stomach upset in some people.
Fresh magic mushrooms are also a popular option, and many people believe that they offer the best experience. Fresh ones are more delicate than dried ones, so they need to be handled with care. They also don’t last as long, so you’ll need to consume them within a few days of picking them. Some people say that fresh mushrooms can make your stomach upset, so it’s important to start with a small dose if you’re new to them.
Brewed shrooms are a popular option because they are easy to consume and generally well-tolerated by the body. When brewed properly, they can also maintain a high level of potency. The main drawback of brewed psilocybin mushrooms is that they can be time-consuming to prepare, and the taste can be somewhat off-putting for some people. People prepare mushroom tea by simmering dried shrooms in water for about 30 minutes, then straining out the solids. Some people also add herbs or sweeteners to make the shroom tea more palatable and mask the taste of mushrooms.
Smoking dried shrooms is the most common method, but you can also smoke fresh shrooms. To do this, simply dry your shrooms (if they’re fresh) by placing them on a baking sheet in a low temperature oven for an hour or so.
Once they’re dry, grind them up into a fine powder using a coffee grinder or blender. Then, mix the powder with some tobacco and roll it up into a joint. The effects of smoking mushrooms will kick in pretty quickly, usually within 10-15 minutes. However, the effects won’t last as long as if you had ingested them orally.
Best Way to Eat Shrooms – Safety First
Now that you know how mushrooms can be consumed, it’s time to learn some safety rules:
- Start with a small dose. You can always take more, but you can’t take less once you’ve ingested the mushroom.
- Chew your mushrooms thoroughly. This will help you absorb more of the active ingredients.
- Drink plenty of water. This will help to prevent dehydration and will also help your body flush out the toxins.
- Avoid alcohol and other drugs – they can interfere with the effects of the mushrooms.
- Have a friend with you. It’s always best to have someone with you when you’re taking any substance, just in case something goes wrong.
- Be prepared for a trip. Unlike other drugs, mushrooms can cause powerful hallucinations. Make sure you’re in a safe environment where you won’t be disturbed and that you have someone with you who can keep you calm if needed.
- Come down gradually. Once your trip is over, it’s important to relax and come down gradually. Avoid caffeine and sugar, as they can make the come-down more uncomfortable. Drink plenty of water and get some rest.
- Never eat mushrooms with unknown identification as some species are poisonous. If you have any doubts, it is always best to throw them away.
- Always wash your hands after handling mushrooms, even if you don’t plan on eating them. Some species can cause skin irritation.
- Check the legal status of mushrooms in your country before consuming them. In some countries, possession of certain mushroom species is illegal.
Magic Mushrooms – Not on Empty Stomach
If you’re going to take shrooms, it’s important that you don’t do so on an empty stomach. The effects of the drug can be much more intense when taken on an empty stomach, and this can lead to an unpleasant experience. Eating a light meal before taking magic mushrooms can help to reduce the intensity of the effects and make the experience more pleasant.
It’s also important to drink plenty of water when taking mushrooms. The drug can cause dehydration, so it’s important to stay hydrated. Drinking water will also help to reduce the intensity of the side effects.
Best Way to Eat Shrooms: Lemon Tek
Lemon tek is a method of consuming magic mushrooms that involves soaking the dried mushrooms in lemon juice for a period of time, typically around 30 minutes. The acid in the lemon juice breaks down the psilocybin in the mushrooms, making them more potent and easier to absorb. Some people believe that this method is the best way to eat shrooms and also makes the effects of the mushrooms more immediate, although there is no scientific evidence to support this claim.
Another way to consume them are mushroom capsules and mushroom chocolate bars, but these methods are less popular.
- Lemon Tek Mushrooms – What Are Those? Learn More About Magic Mushrooms in Lemon Juice
- Do You Have To Chew Shrooms? A Quick Guide: Ways to Consume Magic Mushrooms
- Shrooms on a Full Stomach: How Food Affects Tripping
- How Long Does Shroom Tea Take to Kick In? Here’s Everything You Should Know About Tea Made of Shrooms
- What Do Shrooms Taste Like? All About Magic Mushroom Taste
- Dried Shrooms: All About Magic Mushrooms and Psilocybin
- The Magic of Mushroom Tea: Psychedelic Effects of Psilocybin and a Recipe for Shrooms Tea