Abilify is a medication that is used to treat bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, while LSD is a hallucinogenic drug. These two drugs target the same receptor in the brain – the 5-HT2A receptor. So can you take Abilify and LSD simultaneously? Keep reading to find out.
- Abilify and LSD both target the same receptor in the brain, so there is no real danger when taken together.
- However, it is still risky as Abilify can cause drowsiness, dizziness, restlessness, and nausea while LSD can cause anxiety, paranoia, and difficulty sleeping.
- People with mood disorders should avoid taking acid since psychedelics may interfere with treatment or worsen symptoms.
- Taking Abilify will diminish the effects of LSD; you may experience some mild effects but not a full-blown psychedelic experience.
Can You Take Abilify and LSD?
There is no real danger in taking Abilify and LSD together, as both drugs act on the same receptor in the brain. When the active ingredient in Abilify – aripiprazole – binds to the receptor, LSD will be unable to bind to it as well, and vice versa. So if you’re taking Abilify, you likely will not hallucinate on LSD unless you increase the dose.
However, there are still some risks associated with this combination. For example, both Abilify and LSD can have adverse side effects on mood and behavior. Abilify, for example, may cause drowsiness, dizziness, restlessness, nausea, and agitation. LSD, on the other hand, can cause anxiety, paranoia, difficulty sleeping, and even psychotic breaks.
Most people who are prescribed Abilify suffer from mood disorders such as bipolar disorder or depression. These people shouldn’t take LSD because they’re more predisposed to experiencing bad trips. Psychedelics might interfere with treatment and make symptoms worse.
What Is the Drug Experience Like on Abilify?
Some people who have taken LSD while on Abilify report that the LSD experience is much less intense. There may be no visuals, and the effects may seem more like a mild high than an intense, consciousness-altering trip. However, this can depend on the dose of Abilify and LSD that you take and your individual physiology.
In general, Abilify and LSD cannot work simultaneously. So if the medication is helping you manage your mood disorder, using acid is pointless, and will probably be an underwhelming experience. If the dose of aripiprazole is low enough (3 mg or less), you may still experience some effects from LSD, but not as strong or intense as you would without taking Abilify.
Editor’s NoteWhen considering taking Abilify and LSD together, it is essential to heed expert advice first. Make sure you get a professional opinion from your physician or pharmacist regarding any potential interactions between the two substances before proceeding. Remember: health always comes first!
Warning: Abilify and LSD Are Mutually Exclusive
In conclusion, taking antipsychotic medication such as Abilify and LSD together results in diminished effects of the latter. You may experience some mild effects from LSD, but you will not likely have a full-blown psychedelic experience. If you’ve been prescribed Abilify, please stop using acid before starting the medication so that it can take its full effect as intended by your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Abilify the Same as LSD?
Abilify and LSD may sound similar, but they are two very different substances. Abilify is a powerful antipsychotic medication used to help treat mental health issues while LSD has mind-altering effects as it produces psychedelic experiences.
What Are the Effects of Taking Abilify and LSD Together?
Combining Abilify and LSD is highly inadvisable, as any recreational effects can come with serious side effects. Mental health concerns such as psychosis, anxiety, and paranoia may arise from this combination – potentially wreaking havoc on your mental well-being.
What Are the Potential Side Effects of Taking Abilify?
Abilify can have some unpleasant, yet common side effects such as drowsiness and headaches. Nausea or vomiting may occur, along with constipation and an increased appetite that often lead to undesired weight gain.
- LSD Tolerance: What If You Take LSD Two Days in a Row?
- Side Effects of Shrooms: Are Magic Mushrooms & Psilocybin Safe?
- Zoloft and Shrooms. Combining Antidepressants With Magic Mushrooms
- What Are the Effects of LSD? All About Lysergic Acid Diethylamide
- How Long Does It Take for LSD to Work? Acid Trip Duration
- Shrooms vs. Acid: What Are the Similarities and Differences Between Magic Mushrooms and LSD (Acid)?
- Day After LSD: What to Expect From an LSD Microdosing Comedown