Psilocybe natalensis is an uncommon variety of mushroom that is known for its potent psychoactive properties. Read on to learn more about one of the rarest mushrooms containing psychoactive compounds.
Natal Shroom Facts
- They have been discovered in the 90’s✔️
- They are very potent, and are being studied for possible medicinal use ✔️
- They are still illegal in many countries, including the U.S❌
Psilocybe Natalensis: History
Originally found in South Africa, this psilocybin mushroom is one of the rarest in the world and is not so commonly cultivated as other varieties. However, that may soon change as they are being studied, and so far, the researchers are pleased with the results.
Psilocybe Natalensis: Appearance
Psilocybe natalensis mushrooms typically have a very small cap and a thin stem. Natalensis produces elongated, heavy hitting fruiting bodies that are cream in color.
It is similar to Psilocybe cubensis, but they can be distinguished by the genetic sequence, the habitat and more fragile annulus (a ring on the stem).
Psilocybe Natalensis: Distribution
Psilocybe natalensis is a psychedelic mushroom that is native to South Africa. It can be found in Kwazulu-Natal, a province in the south of the continent. The name Psilocybe natalensis comes from its location, Natal.
Psilocybe Natalensis: Psychoactive Compounds
Psilocybe Natalensis mushrooms are potent psilocybin-containing species, known for producing intense and long-lasting psychedelic effects when consumed.
These effects may include visual hallucinations, altered perception of time and space, euphoria, and feelings of transcendence or oneness with the universe. Due to the potency of these mushrooms, it is important to carefully adjust the dose. Too much may easily overwhelm you.
Fun FactApparently, the Natalensis mushrooms have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. So, not only will it do good for your mind, but also for your body!
Psilocybe Natalensis: Negative Effects
As with all psychedelics, there is a potential for negative experiences when taking Psilocybe natalensis mushrooms. These can include fear, paranoia, anxiety, and temporary psychosis. It is important to be aware of these risks before taking the mushrooms and to have a safe and comfortable environment.
For more information on the effects, you can find some psilocybe natalensis enthusiasts here!
Psilocybe Natalensis: Rare and Potent Mushrooms
Overall, Psilocybe natalensis mushrooms are a rare but powerful psychedelic species that should be used with caution and care. If you are interested in experimenting with these mushrooms, it is important to do your research beforehand and make sure that you have a safe place to consume them.
It is important to note that they are illegal in many countries and illegal in the USA by federal law, so be sure to check the laws in your area before trying to cultivate or purchase them.
If you’re intested in the most potent mushrooms in general, we recommend this video below!
- Psilocybe Caerulipes – Description of a Magic Mushroom, Its Potency and Habitat
- Panaeolus Tropicalis: Potent Tropical Mushrooms
- Psilocybe Baeocystis – Unusual Psilocybin Species. Identification, Potency & Characteristics
- Psilocybe Subaeruginosa: Magic Mushroom From Australia. Spore Prints, Cultivation, Psilocybin Content
- Psilocybe Bohemica: A Psilocybin Mushroom From Europe. All the Information You Need to Know About the Species
- Psilocybe Caerulescens – Everything You Want to Know About This Magic Mushroom
- Psilocybe Subcaerulipes: A Japanese Mushroom That Contains Psilocybin. History & Morphology of the Species